Thursday, August 29, 2013

Daily Doodle: August 29th


Hey Doodlers!

I'm really excited about today's doodle -- yesterday I found my old ink and paintbrush set I had used when I use to paint frequently. I tried it out for today's doodle and look at that! It's very similar to marker.

The thing about ink though is you can control how dark the lines are, which is harder to do with marker. As you can see, I made the dirt lines lighter as well as the stripe on the pot. The darkest part here is where the flower's center is.

Another thing I love about ink is you can control how thick or thin you want the lines to be! That's great when it comes to making the end of a leaf really pointy, or if you want thinner lines for details on the flower and thicker ones as the pot's outline.

If you ever get a chance, I recommend trying out painting with ink! You can usually find a small container like the one in the picture for pretty cheap at craft stores. If you've ever compared the two, let me know which one you prefer for cartooning! It seems each cartoonist has his or her own preference.

DOODLEKAT NEWS:

Today there isn't going to be a video published, but check out the list below for ones you might have missed this week! From now on you can expect to find daily doodles on my channel every Monday and Thursday! However, this doesn't mean that those will be the only ones posted - I may surprise you with a few extras in between occasionally!

Keep Doodling!

Doodlekat1
How to Draw a Cartoon Pineapple
How to Draw a Cartoon Tree
How to Draw a Cartoon Sushi Roll
How to Draw a Cartoon Sushi Roll v2
How to Draw a Cartoon Puffer Fish
How to Draw a Cartoon Squid
How to Draw a Cartoon Hermit Crab





No comments:

Post a Comment