Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Daily Doodle: August 27th

Hey Doodlers!

Hope you had an awesome summer! It's amazing that school's already starting up again. On the positive side, that means a lot more notebooks, folders and binders to decorate with drawings!

For today's doodle, I though I'd add some color to this sketch of a globe by cross-hatching. As you can see in the green, there are two different colors there. The light green I used to color in the continents, and then for the cross-hatching detail I took a darker green and drew horizontal and vertical lines across. I didn't want the water to overpower the continents, so instead of cross-hatching, I just added vertical lines in a darker blue. What do you think? I'm liking this new way to color in!


QUICK DOODLE CHANNEL UPDATE:

If you've been following along with my videos, you've probably noticed that there's been a lot more out recently! I'm hoping to keep this up for a while and then I'll probably pick a day to put out a weekly video. However when this happens, you can expect a lot more activity on my blog. I'm planning on posting daily doodles, features of fan-drawn doodles, and maybe even a secret challenge or two!

As always, if you have any requests, send 'um in! Also be sure to check out the 2 new pages added to the blog-- info about fan-drawn doodles and a link to my channel!

Keep Doodling!:)

Doodlekat1





1 comment:

  1. Hey umm if you can can you make a cartoon tv, book bag, and a bed

    ReplyDelete